Trial Procedure under the YCJA

It is absolutely essential that your lawyer seek every bit of disclosure he or she can from the Crown and the police. Your lawyer needs to get witness statements, police videos, officers' notes, and Crown expert reports. Sometimes the witnesses have given video statements. Sometimes the co-accused young persons have given video confessions. Sometimes as a lawyer, I need to bring third party records applications to get the disclosure I need.

You can read more about disclosure by studying the R. v. Stinchcombe case in the Supreme Court of Canada.

I have more than 37 years experience in seeking full disclosure in making full answer and defence. Phone me at 905-273-3322.

contact us

Contact us for an initial consultation.

Stephen R. Biss

Barrister & Solicitor

303-470 Hensall Circle

Mississauga, ON

L5A 3V4


Youth Courts We Cover

We represent young persons at all GTA Youth Court Courthouses including Brampton, Milton, Orangeville, Guelph, and Toronto.

​© Copyright 2020 Stephen R. Biss, Barrister & Solicitor